Monday, June 6, 2011

The 1,000,000 Calorie Cake!

Ok. So 1,000,000 calories may be a bit of an exaggeration, but with 3 pounds of butter and countless cups of sugar, I am still burning the calories I consumed from this cake that I ate 2 months ago. And I only had 1 slice!

I made this cake for my mom's 50th birthday. It was a hit. I am glad because it took me five hours to make! A shout out to my sister Heidi for letting me use her kitchen to make it. She was a LOVELY assistant. She also took these gorgeous pictures of the cake. She is amazing!Check out the rest of her work here.

I should probably give a shout out to Martha Stewart since it is her recipe. You can find the recipe here. Read the instructions for the cake from beginning to end. This way it won't take you five hours to make this super rich cake! (hint:start the frosting before you start the cake!I learned this the hard way!)




No comments:

Post a Comment