Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce.


I have recently taken on the challenge of making my own spaghetti sauce. Guess what?! It's easier than it sounds and you know exactly what you are getting. Who wants high fructose corn syrup in their spaghetti sauce? NOT ME!

I came across this food blog and it had this recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce. I modified it a little and served it to my family. It was yummy and jam packed full of veggies!

I LOVE to throw in shredded or diced veggies into my meals whenever I possibly can. Whatever vegetables I have in my fridge at the time goes in. Try it sometime. It's a great way to add extra nutrients to your meal.


Ingredients:

1 pound extra lean hamburger meat (I used 1/2 a pound)
1 cans tomato paste
1/4 cup of water
1 cans tomato sauce
1 cans of stewed tomatoes (blended) ( I used dice tomatoes)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar (I used 1 TBS)
1 tablespoons of basil
1 tablespoon of oregano
garlic salt to taste
To this I added:
a whole yellow squash, finely diced
three carrots, shredded

Brown the beef and saute the veggies,
mix in everything else,
add water if too thick,
add paste if too thin,
add ingredients to your taste.

This isn't the exact amount that we use of everything, we usually make it to taste. Try different things until its just how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment